Photobucket

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Underpaid and Overblessed

I've gotten lots of comments on my blog name...how perfect is it for a teacher? There are days when the "underpaid" part gets to me, but today is one of those totally "overblessed" days, and while this isn't really teaching related, I just have to share.
 
It took me a long time to adjust to living in Utah (we moved here over a year ago and I just accepted it like a month ago) but I'm so happy now. I would NEVER have thought it was part of God's plan for me to take me away from my beloved, swampy, Tiger Country Louisiana, but the experiences I've had in Utah have made me not want to leave!
 
Today while the busy buzz of Daily Five filled my classroom, I looked around and saw all my students so engaged in their learning and I had one of those "I seriously love my job" moments. It doesn't get much better than that. Everyone was doing what they were supposed to, and doing it right, and it made me realize how much we've accomplished together in only the first 5 weeks of school, and how much I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. {Insert sigh of contentment. J}
 
Now I'm sitting in my backyard on this beautiful fall evening, watching my dogs play with the mountains in the background and listening to the birds chirp. I know--so cheesy--but it's these little, peaceful moments that we so often let slip by. It is so easy to dwell on all the hardships in life and to forget about all the little blessings that we all have. I know we also all have things about our lives that we would like to change, but take some time to think about all the little blessings you do have. It'll give you a fresh perspective on things. Are you "Underpaid and Overblessed"?
 
 
And really, if you haven't printed my {Halloween Rules Freebie}, you totally should.
I promise it's cute. J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daily 5 has made SUCH a difference in my 2nd graders. I love looking up from my small group and seeing them all working, engaged, and independent. I get that warm, fuzzy feeling too! :) Ah! I LOVE IT! :)

 
back to top