Photobucket

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Nouns, Nouns, Nouns


Don’t get me wrong—I L-O-V-E my job with all my heart. Teaching makes me so happy and I have the best students in the world. BUT I don’t wanna go back to school tomorrow!!!!! I think I have post-holiday depression or something. Anyway, it’s inevitable. I have to greet my Christmas-crazed darlins with a smile tomorrow, which raises the question “What on earth should I teach during this {silly} three-day week?”
To help answer this question I threw together a simple review on nouns (ideal for 2nd and 3rd grades, could be used with 1st and 4th). I tried teaching proper nouns the week before Christmas and my kiddos just did. not. get. it. So we’re going to do a take two this week. I made a couple of songs to try and help (I’m sure there are others out there, but I had to do something on the drive up to the ski resort so I could pretend we weren’t on a steep, icy road with no guardrail). I also made a review sheet that can double as an assessment. You can get yours {here} and as always, the first three friends to comment on this post with their email addresses will get this lesson FREE!
How do you teach your little ones about proper nouns? Let me know what works!
Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Jenna Frederick said...

Love this!

frederickjennam@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I can't believe yall go back tomorrow! Good luck with your kiddos :)

whitneylee311@gmail.com

Unknown said...

You are always on the ball!! Have a great day back!!

Virginia Grant's EDM310 Blog said...

To late for 1-3 :) I love reading your stuff. Mine didn't really get proper nouns either and we are doing a 2 day review Thurs and Friday. I hope you had a great break :)

Steph said...

Good luck tomorrow! We go back tomorrow as well---I think I've enjoyed 'sleeping in' and napping a little too much...

:)

Kate @ EduKate and Inspire said...

Added your review pack to my wishlist! I really don't enjoy teaching parts of speech... can't we just skip them?! ;) Hope your first day back goes well. I have ONE more day, but am longing for more!!

Kate
EduKate and Inspire

 
back to top