Photobucket

Sunday, December 2, 2012

If I Lived in a Snow Globe...{cute winter craftivity}

So this was totally not my idea. But I love it, and so did my kids!
On Friday, we made our own snow globes, following the theme "If I Lived in a Snow Globe..." 
This is what you'll need:
~2 paper plates per child, one with the center cut out (I happened to have some laying around from another project. Score!)
~1 6" x 6" white paper per child
~1 ziploc bag per child (I think I used the quart size)
~1 black trapezoid snow globe base per child
~1 "If I Lived in a Snow Globe" sheet per child (I will attach this here)
~stapler
~confetti (I collected all the hole punchy papers from a bunch of hole punchers around school)
~sequins or shiny curling ribbon, if you want to add a little sparkle
This is how it went:
1) I gave each child a 6" x 6" piece of white paper and told them to create their winter scenes. I showed them an example, then we talked about what we could include in our pictures. I encouraged them to include themselves since we were talking about if THEY lived in the snow globe.
2) They had to fill out the base. We've been talking about our five senses in science, and how we use our senses to make observations, so I incorporated that into the assignment. We discussed what we might see, hear, and feel if we lived in a snow globe, then they had to write their own sentences.You can get the template {here!}
3) I gave each child a paper plate with the middle cut out, which they could decorate if they wanted to.
4) They put their drawings inside a ziploc bag then brought them to me for assembly. If I had older students, I would have let them staple their snow globes themselves, but it was just easier to handle myself. You can also recruit a parent to help with this part. I let each kid put a pinch of confetti and a pinch of sequins in their baggie. Then I centered the baggie on a whole paper plate, put their paper plate ring on the front, and stapled it all together. Then I stapled the base to plate.
5) Viola! Snow globe complete!
We are going to put them up on our bulletin board this week and I'll let you know how it looks. Try this project! It's a little time consuming to gather the materials, but it's worth it.
Have a great week!
PS- Don't forget to go "like" Underpaid & Overblessed on Facebook! :)

2 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

Those are adorable! Thank you for sharing about them...I tend to forget some of the fun things I have done before because there are so many awesome ideas out there! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Christy said...

I'm your newest follower. I like the name of your blog...These snow globes are cute. I plan on letting my kiddos doing them when we get back. Thanks for posting the cute idea!!
Christy
Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

 
back to top