Photobucket

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cutest Halloween Craft Ever. Really.

Hey y’all! We got our first snowfall of the year today and I just LOVE it! It made it kinda hard to concentrate (and teach) though. Being from the south where the whole world shuts down if one snowflake falls from the sky, I get easily distracted when it snows here. I definitely took my kids outside to play in it because I guess I still haven’t accepted the idea that there will be lots more to come all winter!
Anyway, we also finished the cutest Halloween craft ever today, and I just had to share. You may have seen this before. My sweet college roommate, Alex, did these last year and when I saw the picture I was like, “Aww I have to do those with my students!” Well then an awesome mom donated enough mini-pumpkins for my WHOLE class, so I knew I definitely had to do it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1 mini pumpkin per child
-1 set of plastic vampire teeth per child
-2 small googly eyes per child
-a cheapo pumpkin carving kit
-hot glue
-a mom or two to help out
-some patience!

It’s really simple, just slightly time consuming. A mom helped me and it took the two of us about an hour to cut all 26 pumpkins for my class. I had a few kids come up at a time to choose a pumpkin and write their name on the back of it in sharpie. Then they had to pick what color vampire teeth they wanted. Then the grown ups got to cutting!

Start off by cutting a horizontal line for the mouth. Once you have that line cut, cut around it to turn it into an oval that the vampire teeth will fit in. You just kinda cut and check, then cut and check some more. (It gets easier the more you do.) I'd recommend a real carving kit, not just a knife.

After we would finish cutting a pumpkin, we called the kids back to put the teeth in themselves, because while these are super cute, there’s not too much that young kids can do to be involved. After that, we glued the googly eyes on and voila!
Super adorable vampire pumpkins!



We can’t wait to put them on display during our school Halloween parade. If you have time to squeeze in this cute craft before Halloween, I’d totally recommend it. Your kids will have a blast and you’ll have some adorable decorations for your classroom!
 


5 comments:

Cupcake said...

The pumpkins are so cute!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Rachelle said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Chantelle Stubbs said...

SO cute!!

Underpaid and Overblessed said...

Thanks y'all! Totally not my idea, but way too cute to not share!

~Brittany

Heather's Heart said...

That is so cute Brittany...thank you for sharing. =)

I would love for you to hop over and check out my post on Tally Dem Bat Bones. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

 
back to top