Photobucket

Monday, September 17, 2012

Fun Classroom Songs


Let's face it: kids LOVE songs! Most kids don't care if their teacher can sing or not...they'll forgive your voice if they're having fun.  J Back when I was at LSU and student teaching first grade, I had a fabulous mentor teacher. I model so much of what I do today based off of what she did, and I can’t imagine where I’d be (or wouldn’t be) as a teacher without her! She used some pretty great songs in her class, and since many of the teachers at my school have loved them, I thought I’d share them with you, too! (Just don’t make fun of my videos!)

Everyone has their own version of a “getting ready for the hall song,” but here’s mine:
My hands are hanging by my side, I’m standing straight and tall.
My eyes are looking straight ahead, I’m ready for the hall.
I’ve got a bubble in my mouth…

 The reason I love it is because of the bubble part. So many teachers in my school have adopted the idea of “putting a bubble in your mouth” while walking through the hall. If the kids have bubbles in their mouths, they can’t talk! (You just have to remind the little ones to breathe through their noses!) My kids love it, and I even have some cute kiddos who will sit at their desks with their bubbles in their mouths! J

Another cute song I love is our Tooth Fairy song. The kids can’t wait to share with the class when the Tooth Fairy visits them! We do our Tooth Fairy chant and graph the lost teeth on our bulletin board. Here it is:

____________ had a loose tooth, a wiggly jiggly loose tooth.
____________ had a loose tooth, a-hangin’ by a thread.
____________ pulled that loose tooth! That wiggly jiggly loose tooth.
Tucked it under her/his pillow, and then he/she went to bed.
Someone took that loose tooth, that wiggly jiggly loose tooth!
Now he’s/she’s got ______ dollars, and a hole in her head!
 

I hope you enjoy these! Thanks Mrs. Day for sharing these great songs with me! What songs do you use in your classroom?

6 comments:

Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) said...

you are so cute!! thanks for putting these songs up. :)

Heidi said...

Love the song. We always put a marshmallow in our mouths and put on our duck tails (our hands behind our backs), but love the idea of bubbles as well :) I came over after seeing Lindsey from the Teacher Wife post on her Facebook. LOVE the name and the blog is super cute :) Cannot wait to read about your classroom :)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Miss Foote said...

Love using songs in class. I also love the background print of your blog page.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Underpaid and Overblessed said...

Oh, the marshmallow idea is cute, Heidi!

Thanks Laurie, I love the bright colors! :)

Rachelle said...

Oh my word! You are so cute and you have a great singing voice!

Heather's Heart said...

Your are adorable! I might have to have you sing instead of me! Lol!

We actually have the job of a clean up announcer so I don't have to sing...the kiddos love it! =)

I am one of your newest followers and I LOVE your blog. You are an inspiration.

If you get the chance, I would love to have you hop over and visit me. I would be honored to have you as a follower. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

 
back to top